With next Monday being America’s 240th birthday, I thought I’d share some bizarre laws still technically in effect (although not always enforced) throughout the country.
Brace yourselves, some of this shit is just plain weird!
* In Utah it is legal to have sex with animals, unless you do it for money. Um, what? Prostitution is a no-no, but beastiality is ok?
* In Georgia, it’s illegal to use profanity in front of a corpse. I swear, southern hospitality knows no bounds! #blessyourheart
* In Arizona, it’s illegal to own more than two sex toys. I would really love to hear the backstory on why this had to become a law…
* In North Carolina, it is illegal for a bingo game to last more than five hours. I agree with this completely. They should also add Monopoly to this!
* In Texas, it’s considered illegal to sell your eyeball. I mean, if you’re not using it, what’s the big deal? #gross
* In Eureka, Nevada, it’s illegal for a man with a mustache to kiss a woman.
* In Ohio, it’s illegal to get a fish drunk.
* In Gainesville, GA, it’s illegal to eat fried chicken any way other than with your hands. Wtf!
* In Gary, Indiana, it’s illegal to attend a public event or use public transportation within four hours of eating an onion or garlic. Guessing there aren’t a lot of Italians in Gary….
* In Iowa, if you only have one arm, you’re not allowed to charge for playing the piano. Personally, if you’re a one armed musician, I think you should be able to charge triple because that’s amazing!
* In New Jersey, it’s illegal for a man to knit during fishing season.
* In Maryland, giving or receiving oral sex is illegal. Upon telling my husband this, he said “I guess it’s not much of a merry land.” We had a really good chuckle. 😂
* In Pennsylvania, it’s illegal to sleep on top of a refrigerator outdoors. Again, would love to know the back story on that one!
* In Virginia, it’s illegal to tickle women. Omg! That’s fabulous.
Happy 240th birthday America! You don’t look a day over 239!